Here at Hy-Line we have been serving the transportation needs of the Islands for nearly 50 years. During these unprecedented times we remain committed to providing this essential transportation service.
To achieve this, we have made many changes here and we ask our travelers to make changes too.
What We have Done:
- Requirement of face coverings by all staff in our terminals, ticket offices and vessels.
- Stringent cleaning and sanitation policies and procedures throughout the day with a focus on high touch areas.
- Significantly reduced capacities on our vessels to allow the opportunity for social distancing.
- Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer.
- Requiring staff to stay home if they are feeling ill.
What We Ask You to Do:
- Please do not travel if you are feeling ill.
- Governor Baker’s Statewide order requires face coverings when in our terminals, ticket offices, boarding lines, and vessels. We adhere to this Massachusetts State Order and do our best to make sure that travelers are following it as well, but we ask that you please do your part by bringing and wearing a face covering. Travel will be denied at boarding if you are unwilling to follow this state order.
Consumption of food and beverage when onboard the vessels must take place on the open-air decks only. Face coverings are still encouraged to be worn when you are outside but not actively eating and drinking.
Our onboard Food Service is open accepting only touchless payments (no cash accepted until further notice).We have bathrooms and hand sanitizer throughout our facilities and vessels. Please make frequent use of these for hand washing and sanitization.
We have significantly reduced our vessel capacities to allow for social distancing. Please take advantage of this and keep distanced from others outside of your travel party when in terminals and on vessels.
We ask that whenever possible you book your travel ahead of time on our website or by phone. This way we can email confirmations or tickets to you and you can skip any in person ticket office interactions.
We thank you for your cooperation and continued support during these difficult times, as we all do our best to navigate through them.
For updated information regarding the Nantucket’s COVID-19 response, click here